Women for Afghan Women is celebrating the courage that inspires and drives our work.
WOMEN FOR AFGHAN WOMEN (WAW) was founded in April 2001 to advocate for women then living under Taliban rule in Afghanistan. Thanks to your support, WAW is now the largest Afghan women's and children's rights organization in the world.
This year, WAW is celebrating the courage it takes for survivors—women, girls, and their families—to step forward, seek help, and speak out. We celebrate the courage of our staff as they continue providing life-saving work despite mounting challenges in Afghanistan and in the United States. We celebrate the courage of our loyal friends and supporters like you who continue to believe in and stand with our mission of Afghan Women Rising.
We need your continued support this year so we can face challenges with strength and ensure our critical services continue in 2019.
In 2018 alone, your support of WAW made this work possible in the U.S. and Afghanistan:
- Provided safety, legal support, mediation, and education to nearly 7,000 women, children, and their families (up from 5,000 in 2017).
- Trained more than 31,000 individuals on women's rights (up from 26,000 in 2017).
- Provided nearly 111,000 conflict-induced internally displaced persons and refugee returnees with protection and monitoring services.
Since WAW's founding in 2001 and by the end of 2018, we have achieved the following:
- Provided services to nearly 38,000 women, children, and their families
- Trained more than 362,000 individuals on women's rights
- Provided nearly 723,000 conflict-induced internally displaced persons and refugee returnees with protection and monitoring services
Your generous support inspires courage in all of us at WAW.
#CelebrateCourage with us and make your gift today!
Please indicate in the donor scroll box (above) if you would like to give to a specific WAW program.
If you prefer to make a check donation, please send to:
"Women for Afghan Women"
158-24 73rd Avenue
Fresh Meadows, NY 11366